our memories and experiences,
dreams and struggles, the good
and not so good, create the mythology,
the amazing stories, of our lives.
[Erin posted this photo of Emerson while she is on the phone with me]
[My paternal grandmother]
It's been a week filled with::
* Just laid duck eggs still warm
in my hand.
* A cat who thinks she can read
and gets a little testy if you try
to move her off the book.
* Watching the sunrise every morning,
* Then watching it set at night.
* Celebrating National Dog Appreciation
Day with my almost almost 11 year old
* Talking with Emerson on the phone, hearing
all about her pet snail named Rascal, then
getting a photo of her talking on the phone
* Receiving a huge box filled with family photos,
letters, cards and other bits of family members
that are no longer here. Reading letters in my Dad's
handwriting, seeing my grandmother's school memory
book and photos of great grand parents I never knew
except thru stories, old passports, my grandparents
marriage license, it's a lot. My table is still piled high
and in between the tears I am sorting it all out. I didn't
expect to be so emotional, but for some reason I
am a wreck.
Enjoy your weekend my friends, the last one of August.