Thursday, January 8, 2015

HEART AND SOUL

"Some books you read.
Some books you enjoy.

But some books just
swallow you up
heart and soul. "

~ Joanne Harris

 





 
 
I am still waiting on snow,
but the polar clipper that
made it's way across the
country finally arrived so
at least it's been cold.
There is a fire in the woodstove,
I am able to wear some
of the woolies I have been
keeping stored in the cedar
chest, I have knitting by
my side and I'm happy.
 
I spent a little time darning
a sweater I picked up at
Goodwill. There were two
tiny hole and I had yarn that
was almost an exact match
to repair it.  I thought about
ripping down the sweater for
the wool, but darning worked
so well and I can add another
sweater to my stack.
 
I have been drinking green
juices and smoothies daily
and have noticed a great increase
in my energy level. I know when
I eat properly I feel better so I'm
not sure why I feel the need to
eat things I know will make me
feel lousy, sigh.  
 
Since the sick germs still seem to
be all around I have added a new
drink to my day,  turmeric milk
[ I used almond milk]. Have you
tried it?  I make a double batch
and keep it in the ice box to
warm as needed.
 
I started reading a book recommended
to me by a friend and was pleased
to find in my church library. Some
books just reach out and grab you,
they inspire you and make you want
to help make the world a little better,
this book is one of them.
 
I received a phone call this evening
letting me know of the need for
mittens for Koalas ......
and while I don't sew very well, I think
this is something I can do and thought
you might too.
 
Enjoy a great weekend.
Much love,
Tracey
XO
 

18 comments:

  1. I don't know about the Turmeric milk, I take this herb in pill form. I know just how you feel about eating poorly. As a diabetic, I have had a truly hard time lately with the stress of the end of the year, my daughter's relapse, working outside the home and just plain tired!, my eating habits have truly suffered! drinking green juices sounds like a wonderful plan... mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the look of your smoothies. I have a nutra bullet for Christmas - still in the box - its being unpacked tonight to give the green stuff a try! those poor koalas, and other animals have been hit hard in the bushfires in south Australia, wildlife, homes and livestock have all been lost - thankfully no lives. We all do what we can to help and in tragedy the best in people emerges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to look that up, tumeric milk. Haven't heard of that before. I love green smoothies. I'm the only one on this place who'll drink them. We bought the Nutribullet and it's wonderful for smoothie concoctions. I've been making a detox one: an apple, a pear, a banana, pineapple, spinach, & water. For my antioxidant one I use spinach, frozen fruit, toasted flaxseed, and chia seeds + water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tracey dear, I love the sound of the book! I think I'll add it to my wish list. I understand completely about why we fall back to eating foods that aren't as good for us. :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome fix on the sweater...and I'm looking up turmeric milk right now...

    ...hoping you get some snow...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quote, it's so true. Juices are so good for our health and there is an infinite variety of them mixing fruits and vegetables.

    Have a great weekend!!

    Lluisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book sounds wonderful, I am almost finished my current read, and think this might be the next one. Thank you.

    Enjoy those cooler temperatures, but please make sure some sun and heat is around when the little man and I head south soon, we need it :)

    Enjoy your weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I started taking Green drink for breakfast every day, I stopped craving meat, and actually became a vegetarian without consciously trying. I've lost 10 lbs also without trying, and have more energy than before I started using it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cooler temperatures in our area as well, we woke up to 7 yesterday morning and it never went above freezing all day. Thankful for my woolen sweaters and socks! I am going to have to look up the turmeric milk, might need to try adding that to my diet.
    Stay warm and enjoy knitting by the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get your snow! We have an inch and it's enough to keep me happy. I love your mug very much, pottery mugs are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also hope you get snow. It just started snowing here in NY, I am wondering if it will last!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It just started snowing here. It's only supposed to be around an inch or so. I will send it down south! I just added that book to my list. Enjoy knitting near the woodstove.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Tracey, those drinks look DARN healthy! Good for you. The little babe and I have been making and eating too many cookies around here. That sunset picture is beautiful and what a crazy icicle! The book sounds like a good one - I'll have to look for it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That koala help site is just equally adorable and heart-wrenching... I may have to jump in. I have so many old ripped organic cotton sheets to re-purpose.

    I'm yet to try turmeric milk, but I've so been meaning too... this my be the reminder I needed. Thank you! Hope you are having a wonderful week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, the drinks look divine and healthy! Don't you just love it when you get that perfect find at the second hand store- kudos to you. Well enjoy your wonderful book... sending you snow and hugs from Montucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad it was cold enough for you to wear some of your woolens! It's been a pretty good sweater wearing winter here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at those pink clouds! We haven't had many - if any - yet this winter so I'm glad I get to admire yours at least. Enjoy your wood stove, sounds like bliss :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to know what you put in your green smoothies, do tell us please :)

    ReplyDelete