Tuesday, March 1, 2011

EARLY SPRING CUPCAKES

"Nothing would be more tiresome
 than eating and drinking if God
 had not made them a pleasure
 as well as a necessity."

~Voltaire

Eating cupcakes is a pleasure
and ever since I saw these
I have "needed" one.

Had a little bit of extra time
so I threw a batch in the oven.
While the cupcakes were baking
I mixed up some cream cheese
frosting to go on top.

Although spring does not
officially arrive until the 20th,
with temperatures reaching
a sunny 81, it has felt and
looked like spring here.

It is still too early for fresh 
raspberries, but I did
find a bottle of raspberry
syrup in the cupboard.
I added just a few tablespoons
in the bowl as I was mixing
the powdered sugar into
the cream cheese mixture.
Now, not only does it feel
like spring, it taste like
spring too. xx

Raspberry Creamcheese Frosting

4 oz. softened butter
4 oz. softened cream cheese
Mix well.
Add 2 to 3 cups powered sugar.
Beat until fluffy.
Add 2 tablespoons raspberry syrup and mix
a minute longer.

2 comments:

  1. They look lovely! Cupcakes are such a special treat! and yours definitely look spring-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, Tracey, they're PINK ! ! !
    Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete