Wednesday, February 10, 2016

YARN ALONG

“Listen. To live is to be marked. To live is to change, 
to acquire the words of a story, and that is the only 
celebration we mortals really know. In perfect 
stillness, frankly, I've only found sorrow.”

~ The Poisonwood Bible
     Barbara Kingsolver











My knitting has been a wee
bit scattered these last few 
days which is not how I 
like anything in my life to
unfold. I have been fighting
a cold so I am going to lay
the blame there and try to
get myself organized more.

I pulled my poor neglected
Follow Me  wrap from the
bottom of my basket and 
have been knitting a few rows
each night, It's a very easy knit,
I love the yarn and the design
so I am hoping to have it
finished in time to wear before
the oppressive heat once again
arrives and stays for months
and months.

I knit a hat over the weekend,
to my friend and I am thrilled 
that she loves it, especially the
pink pompom!

I have also been working on a 
practice piece for the Ewden
cardigan I am planning on knitting.
While I was unsure of myself and 
having major doubts that I could
ever knit this pattern and have it
wearable, now that I have played 
with the pattern I understand  it
so much better and as soon as I 
complete the Follow up wrap 
 I will cast on with my Christmas

I am reading quite a lot more during
the day than I usually do. Amanda is
hosting a Poisonwood Bible read along
and I am trying to stay caught up. I  keep
finding myself running to the computer
to research something mentioned in the
book and along with the enjoyment
of the story, I am getting quite a history
lesson,

Joining. Ginny







16 comments:

  1. I remember flying through that book....loving it at the time, but now, remembering very little. i should have been doing the history lessons as i read like you are doing!!! I was surprised to see all those knits!!!!!! You've been BUSY!!! And all beautiful---as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl looks like it is getting ready to give you a big hug and make you feel better! I hope you are on the mend soon Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better. I just got over a yucky cold. Makes you feel so lousy! But I did get a lot of knitting and reading done while I was home. Your knits are beautiful. Love the pink pompom on the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that Kingsolver book so many moons ago...now, I think i want to reread it again. Love that pink !!! especially the pompom.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you fight off the cold. At least mine stayed in my head, but it still sucks! Don't you just love knitting with help from our little fur friends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely knits Tracey. I love the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I likey your beanie. This color blocking would be a great way to use up scraps. I'm sorry you have a cold. Boo on those pesky germs. Damn bugs. Get well soon, love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your knitting projects are awesome! Love the pink pompom! I checked the book out from the library a few years ago and honestly, I couldn't make it through it. Glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get better soon. I guess it's the season, so many people get sick these days... Love your knitting, the stockinette on your hat looks absolutely impeccable - such even stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your cold is very short lived. It can definitely make the mind fuzzy. I like your cute knitting buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty knitting and I love the scatteredness of the projects, I'm the same way. I hope you feel better soon and I knew your friend would love her hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed 'The Poisonwood Bible' hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had trouble getting into Poisonwood at the beginning, but persisted and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you're on the mend soon. Dan had a bad cold and then Daniel got it, but thanks to EOs and lots of vit. C, Daniel wasn't hit as hard as Dan was. Lots of pretty knitting going on! So glad your friend was happy with the beanie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reading and knitting - good February things to do. Glad you're enjoying the book - it is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That hat- looks like candy, nice job!
    Want one!

    ReplyDelete