Wednesday, April 27, 2016

YARN ALONG AND SHOWER GIFTS

You are the finest,
loveliest,
tenderest, and most
beautiful people I 
have ever known~
and even that is an
understatement!












Thank you so much for attending
the Baby Shower for Ginny last
week, it was a joy to have all
of you here.

I have a few gifts to distribute
and with the help of my husband
we randomly drew names....

1. Debrorah [A Delightful Glow]
a pattern of your choice from Ravelry
up to $12.00 donated by Karen.
Karen is Swanski on Ravelry so you
can send her a message.

2. Tania [ Hedgrerow Harvest] a pattern
of your choice from Ravelry up to $12.00.
I am 1tims on Ravelry so just let me know.

3. Donna [Knit1Spin2] I have a skein of
yarn for you if you wouldn't mind messaging
me your address.

My knitting this week is a sock. I am using
Opal yarn and am enjoying each new stripe
as it appears.

I have a basic vanilla sock pattern in my head
that I use and while I have always knit a slip
stitch rib heel this time I tried something
new, Eye of Partridge, which I think is quite
pretty.

On my Kindle is a book I highly recommend,
Secrets of a Charmed Life. The book reminds
me a lot of books written by Kate Morton, even
the setting and time frame [England during
WWII] are the same. This is my first time
reading anything by Susan Messiner, but it
won't be my last.

Joining Ginny

16 comments:

  1. So happy to hear the baby shower went so well. I love your sock Tracey, and that yarn, beautiful. Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to the winners!! Can you give me a delightful glow's ravelry name or have her contact me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely sock and thanks a bunch for mentioning the book you're reading, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done winners and I hope Ginny and her family enjoy my shower gifts from Australia. The sock looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely sock!! love the colors and the pattern it makes!! i LOVE your yarn basket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the colors in this post! Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that sock!!!! and congrats to all the winners. I think we were all winners being invited to share in such a fun event! (Finally got my package in the mail yesterday!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sock is gorgeous! I love it. Congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I never win anything. I'm so excited :-) Your sock is so pretty. I like the heel - I will have to give that one a try. Your book sounds interesting too. Adding it to the list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a pretty heel! Love your yarn. Congratulations to the winners, what a sweet shower it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to the winners! Lovely baby shower! Love that Ey of Partridge heel! I have that book on my TBR list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful springtime photos. I find myself holding my breath several times a day over the sheer beauty of nature right now. I like that sock yarn a lot--and also the eye of partridge hear you are doing. I love books set during WWII so that one is going on my to-read list. Thank you for hosting the baby shower; it was very, very special. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a slew of wonderful gifts Ginny is receiving. Her heart must be bursting. I like this Opal you're knitting with. It's like crayon resist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to all the lucky gift-givers!! Tracey, the shower really was a fun way to celebrate Ginny and her new baby! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog and I always visit it on Ginny's Yarn Along. Your sock is gorgeous. I love Opal yarns. Do you have the number from the yarn band? I would love to make my sister a pair in that colorway. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always love your photos, thanks for sharing with us your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete