Wednesday, July 13, 2011

YARN ALONG

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Linking with Ginny.

Before I became completely
congested and unable to breathe,
I did cast on the Ladawan's Shawl

I mentioned last week. The pattern
is very easy to follow and I have
learned how  to M1 and soon will
learn how to knit in the front and back.
I am trying very hard to get
out of the comfort zone I have
been in with my knitting. I want
and need to challenge myself
if I wish to improve this knitting
craft that I have come to love
so much. I am enjoying the
yarn I chose for this project
and how easy it moves on
the needles. The color, grey,
seems to be my new black
that I wear during the winter and
I love how I can pair it with other
colors, especially red.

I am reading a total
fluff book and enjoying
it with no apologizes. I
have been reading Janet
Evanovich every summer
for years and with each
new book it's like visiting
with an old friend.  The
Stephanie Plum Series makes
me laugh out loud which is
always nice and the books
are a very quick read so
I can get to the home school
lessons that always are waiting
for me at this time of year. It's
like a little reading vacation
before getting back to work.
xx

22 comments:

  1. I am so glad that your flu did not hinder your knitting abilities. I really like the shawl pattern you chose. The yarn looks so soft! May you continue to feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey,

    I hope you are feeling better..summer colds are no fun. I hope you keep enjoying your book and knitting.

    Blessings to you,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love grey especially teamed with red. Looking forward to seeing your creation. Ah, there is nothing wrong with a good 'fluff book'. Hope you are feeling better soon. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's no fun to be sick, especially in the summer! That color is quite nice, I love gray with red too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this color! And fluff books are perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn looks gorgeous! Well done for exploring new techniques. I hope you are feeling better, and continue to enjoy fluff- I certainly do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color of the yarn! That will be one pretty shawl, and you are so right-red will look great with it! Hope you are feeling really and truly better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better, and can't wait to see more of that shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No apologies are ever needed for fluff reading! :)

    I love the shawl pattern you have chosen and look forward to seeing your progress.

    Hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracey,

    I really think I hurt my elbow from knitting to long on the sock that I was working on...I spent about two hours on Sunday just knitting like always and then It hurt so bad that I started wearing a brace to keep it from moving too much. I am hope to keep knitting but just not as long...and I have read that circulars are easier on your wrist and hands so I think no more straight needles for a while..smile..

    I am sure after a few more days I will feel a lot better...my mom said comes from carpal tunnal? Who Knew?

    Blessings,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! M1 & knit in the front & back!! I am so amazed at your courage and determination to DIY. My fear of doing so is probably why I'll always have to sit at my knuru's feet as I knit. I've heard of the Stephanie Plum books but never checked them out...I shall. I shall. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad that you're stepping out of your comfort zone and learning new skills.

    They can be scary at first, but the Knitting Help videos are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo, alpaca in grey - I love it! Have fun with your knitting challenges.

    I sure hope you're feeling better soon. Summer colds are awful. Wish I could make you a cup of tea and visit you on the couch for a chat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read or listened too every one of the JE series! They are laugh out loud! Grandma M. cracks me up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love trash books! They have their place in summer reading for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you Tracey, on all fronts... I missed you the day you were gone and new you must be really feeling lousy. Knitting and a good read definitely help me when I can finally sit upright without needing my hands to blow my nose! :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. that grey yarn is so pretty...right up my alley! and good for you branching out and learning new techniques. so glad you are feeling better and hope you're fully recovered soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that grey. I've found the same thing for me- grey is my new black in the winter months. Congrats to you too for working on new techniques! That can be so intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that grey is your new black! I love grey too and think it doesn't get quite the respect that it deserves! Glad your treating yourself to a fluff novel! We all need fluff sometimes! Hope your mending continues speedily!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Feel better soon! I your knitting looks wonderfully cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do hope you are feeling well soon! That grey is gorgeous. I am sure you look beautiful in your grey knitted duds, especially paired with red.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that new shawl T! And your book sounds PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete